*Some of the images were taken off-vehicle for illustration purposes.
1. The GI1KIT™ fits either the transmission end or the gear shifter end of cables depending upon year, make and model (Automatic transmissions). The installation is the same regardless of installation location. The picture below illustrates the cable end style that the kit will fit.
2. Set the parking brake and block the wheels.
3. Remove the cable end from the transmission or gear shift.
4. Starting with a 5/16” (or 11/32”, if available) drill bit, drill from the top of the cable end through the exiting hole removing the remains of the bushing. Use a drill stop or drill against a hard surface to keep the drill from passing all the way through the cable end. If the bushing comes out, entirely or mostly, or comes apart in a way that allows you to remove the rest of the bushing with a pick or small screwdriver, proceed to step 6. If the bushing drills cleanly without coming apart, proceed to step 5.
5. Install the black bushing from the top of the cable end, leading with the tapered end. It may be helpful to install the bushing at a slight angle initially. Use the orange tool to press the edges of the bushing into the hole. Proceed to step 8.
6. Remove the remains of the old bushing using a pick or small screwdriver.
7. Repeat the drilling process, this time using a 3/8” drill bit. Again, use a drill stop or drill against a hard surface to keep the drill from passing all the way through the cable end. Next, install the green bushing from the top, starting with the tapered end facing down.
8. Reconnect the cable to the transmission.
9. Shift between Park and Low/1st several times to verify the installation.
10. Release the parking brake and remove the wheel blocks.