1. Remove the old bushing by grinding off the top center of the old bushing, and then knocking the bushing out of the cable end. For cables with clips, you can remove the clip to remove the bushing assembly.
2. Familiarize yourself with the direction that the bushing should be installed into the cable end based on the way the cable lies on the transmission.
3. For metal ring style cable ends, install the receiving cup onto the cable end. For plastic cable ends, the cup may still help with installation, but it will not clip onto the cable end. The cup is an installation aid, but the bushing can be installed without it.
4. Place the bushing into the cable end so that at least 3 of the 4 prongs are inside the cable end.
5a. If you’re able to get all prongs in the cable end, gently press the bushing into the cable end. You can squeeze it in by hand if you have strong hands, or you can use pliers or other tools
6. Apply a small amount of the included grease onto the ball of the shift lever.
7. Install the cable end onto the shift lever.
8. Repeat for the other cable, and test the installation.