The JL1Kit fits at the exterior end of your vehicle's transfer case (4X4) shift cable.
*Some of the images were taken off-vehicle for illustration purposes.
Step 1: Place the vehicle in park, set the parking brake and block the wheels.
Step 2: Remove all of the old bushing
Step 3: Replacement Bushing Installation
1. Place the new bushing (B) in the hole of the shift cable end so that the tapered end is pointing in the same direction as the shift lever pin.
2. Use the supplied installation driver (A) to press the bushing into place. If needed, adjustable pliers can be used to partially install the bushing.
3. Check that the 4 retaining tangs on the bottom of the new bushing (B) have passed through the cable end (C).
4. Apply a small amount of grease to the shift lever pin.
5. Install the cable and bushing onto the pin using the installation driver.
6. Check the shift lever function by shifting several times through the full selector range.
7. Don’t forget to release the parking brake and remove the wheel blocks.