*Some of the images were taken off-vehicle for illustration purposes.
1. The CH1Kit fits several different cable ends depending upon Year, Make, Model. The installation is the same regardless of cable end. The picture below illustrates some of the various cable ends that the kit will fit.
2. Set the parking brake or block the wheels. Place the transmission lever in park. You can verify its position by checking the PRNDL indicator inside the vehicle. Next, access the shift cable end. If your bushing is broken, it'll probably be hanging down slightly.
3. If there are any remains of the old bushing, remove them from the cable end with a pick or small screwdriver.
4. Place the new bushing against the cable opening with the notched side aligned with the cable opening. Place the installer against the new bushing.
5. Install the bushing into the shift cable end by pushing the bushing into the cable end so that the notched end will be on the side closest to the transmission lever. You should be able to use your fingers for the installation. If need be, use slip joint pliers to gently squeeze the new bushing in place. Discard the installation driver.
6. Use the grease packet included in your kit to apply a small amount of grease to the shifter lever.
7. After the shifter lever has been greased, reinstall the cable end onto the transmission lever (with the notched side going on first, closest to the transmission). Be sure there are no pieces of the old bushing on the transmission lever.
8. Before starting the vehicle, test the installation by moving the shift lever from Park to first gear and back several times.
9. Don't forget to remove the wheel blocks and disengage the parking brake.