The UA1Kit™ fits several different applications depending upon Year, Make, Model. The installation is the same regardless of cable end. The picture below illustrates one of the cable ends that the kit will fit.
1. If there are any remains of the old bushing remove them from the cable end with a pick or small screwdriver.
2. Place the new bushing onto the installation driver as seen below.
3. Use a small c-clamp or adjustable pliers to squeeze the bushing into the cable end. If using pliers, use the tips of the jaws to aid with installation.
4. Remove the installation driver from the cable end.
5. Reinstall the cable end onto the transmission. Be sure there are no pieces of the old bushing on the transmission lever.
6. Before starting the vehicle, test the shift cable by moving it from Park to the lowest gear and back several times.
7. Don't forget to remove the wheel blocks and disengage the parking brake.