1. Set the parking brake and block the wheels. Place the transmission lever in park. You can verify its position by checking the PRNDL indicator inside the vehicle or trying to move the vehicle. Next, access the shift cable end. The NI1Kit repairs the interior end of the cable. The cable end will either be located at the base of the steering column or inside the center console, at the base of the gear shifter. If your bushing is broken, the cable will probably be loose or hanging down slightly.
2. If there are any remains of the old bushing, remove them from the cable end with a right-angle pick or small screwdriver. Be sure to get all the small bits and pieces.
3. Place the new bushing against the cable opening with the notched side aligned with the cable opening.
4. Use the installer tool to align the notches with the cable opening (like a shoehorn). Gently squeeze the new bushing into place
5. Apply a small amount of the included grease to the shift lever pin before reinstalling the cable.
6. Install the cable end onto the shift lever by pressing it with your thumb. Place your thumb over the opposite end of the hole while doing this.
7. Before starting the vehicle, test the shift cable by moving it from Park to first gear and back several times.
8. Don't forget to remove the wheel blocks and disengage the parking brake.